FAQ's: I am a business owner
Who is behind ATB Marketplace?
- ATB Marketplace was created by ATB Financial. The Marketplace is part of ATB BoostR, our crowdfunding platform for Alberta businesses and organizations.
Why should a business sell on the Marketplace?
- ATB Marketplace makes it quick, simple and smart for busy business owners to sell online. You don’t need to spend any time setting up your own sales system or worrying about security. You also tap into ATB’s marketing networks when you sell through the Marketplace.
How much does it cost to sell on the ATB Marketplace?
Due to the recent Alberta COVID restrictions, we are waiving our platform fees for all vendors until July 31, 2021.*
Costs afterward are $10 /month (ATB Customers)* or $29/month (non-ATB Customers)*
*Plus processing fee of 2.9% and $0.30 per transaction (charged by Stripe, our payment provider) will continue to apply
How does a business start selling on the ATB Marketplace?
- To sell on the Marketplace, please complete a vendor form.
Do I need to manage inventory and send the product?
- Yes, just like our BoostR platform, you will need to make sure your inventory is current and that you’re shipping the product to the customer in a timely manner.
When will I (the business owner) see the funds?
- A customer’s credit card is charged as soon as someone checks out. It typically takes a few business days for a payment to process. The funds will be deposited the bank account you attach to Stripe, the Marketplace payment provider.
FAQ's: I'm supporting a local business
Is my credit card information and payment safe?
- The ATB Marketplace uses Stripe a secure payment processor, to handle all your credit card information. ATB Marketplace doesn’t store credit card information or share it with the business you support.
I just purchased a product. When will my credit card be charged?
- Your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase.
When will I receive the product I purchased?
- The seller will contact you to let you know when to expect your purchase.
Why should I shop at the ATB Marketplace?
- Shopping on the Marketplace makes it easy to find your next favourite local business. Supporting them helps Alberta grow. Plus they’ve got great stuff you can’t find anywhere else!